Gratefulness

By njjat - Friday, February 26, 2021

 

All praise to Allah, today I feel like learning a new things, which rare but today is exceptional. Usually, I woke up at 6am and start my day scrolling shopee. After subuh I will water my plants, open windows and door, straight go to kitchen washing last night dish because I sleep early than my parents, sometimes my dad will wash his and my mom's dish but sometimes not. No complaint since I'm tired of nagging. 

Anyways, today I woke up a little bit late, 6.20 since I sleep at 10 yesterday listening to clubhouse lol. It's kind of boring if you hate to listen to others people (strangers) rank? but sometimes the topic are interesting such as challenges of fintech and startup, what is the challenge keto, financial mistakes that everyone shouldn't do, tips for beginner mom. I join any room that sound interesting and beneficial for me. 

Last night, the topics is about level grateful. Sometimes, we don't realise that we put certain goals, and we will only be grateful when we reach that goals. For example, I want to purchase a house, but my financial is not stable to purchase a house. So I feel sad and hopeless because everyone has purchase their own house. So I will only be grateful when I purchase a house. However, why didn't I be grateful for what I have now? At least I live in a house, even though it's rent, small and ugly but it's also part of rezeki that Allah gave to me? 

Did we realize that our surrounding especially social media makes us becoming ungrateful person. Of course, everyone have their own goals, but you shouldn't forget what you have now. If you see in tiktok or instagram, everyone will post something with a caption that they are grateful finally Allah granted them a big house, expensive cars, expensive handbag. Jarang orang post suami beli handbag RM10 dan thank to Allah for this big rezeki? 

Clearly, social media indirectly make us feel ungrateful only when we obtain something like another person. Yesterday when I scroll insta, I saw a post with 2 picture. The first one is small house and the second one is a big house. The caption is "mintak ni (small house) dapat ni (big house)". I am very surprised because I didn't realize this before hearing this issues in clubhouse. 

I quickly istifar, and said to myself, "I am grateful with what I have now, Ya Allah please remove ungratefulness from my heart so that I don't turn away easily from You" 

Anyways, this is very small topics, but I wish I realize it sooner, I am not blaming anyone or point a finger to any person, this is just a short note to myself, everytime I feel ungrateful with what I have because of social media and my surrounding. 

Have a nice day with a grateful heart!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments